How does the SMASH Practice work?
1. Every Thursday evening, a SMASH Maths practice will be emailed directly to your inbox. The SMASH Maths Practice can be taken on smartphones, tablets or laptops/PCs. SMASH Maths is web-based, so can be taken on Android and Apple smart phones.
2. We highly recommend, for good test practice, the tests should be undertaken on a laptop, PC or tablet with a pencil and paper ready to write their workings out.
3. Your child simply has to click on the link to the dashboard and put in your password. Choose the SMASH Maths Practice and then it will then start!
4. Our unique SMASH Maths Practice uses our Spiral Curriculum approach. This means for every practice your child will complete questions on all six areas of the curriculum. This way your child is revisiting all topics at each test, so they do not forget what they have learnt previously. This is the key to success!
5. Your child will be allowed one attempt at every question but will be able to take the practice up to three times.
6. For every correct answer, your child will receive a motivational GIF to praise and encourage them.
7. For every incorrect answer, your child will receive audio and written ‘Let’s Solve it Together’ feedback with detailed step by step guidance. In a research paper by
Pashler, Rohrer, Cepeda, and Carpenter, the authors found that feedback provided during the tests was beneficial for embedding learning during spaced repetition.
8. There is no time limit for completion of the SMASH Practice. On average, each SMASH Practice should take approximately 20 minutes as children work through the questions and receive feedback.
9. At the end of the SMASH Maths Practice, your child will be shown a total score. The answer feedback for all questions can be downloaded as a PDF and printed so your child can revise again. All scores and question feedback will also be emailed to the parent.
10. At any time, you can access your parent dashboard on the SMASH Maths website (using your email address and password) to analyse data for how well your child has performed, but also identify any gaps in their learning. The SMASH Maths program is designed to fill in the gaps over time, but certainly feel free to help your child with any gaps if you want.
Can I try SMASH Maths for free?
Yes! Our free samples can be found here: Free Practice
They show you what taking a complete SMASH Maths Practice is like for your child’s year.
Please have a go as we cannot wait to have you on board. All you need to do is enter your email address – no credit card details need to be submitted.
How do I subscribe?
1. To subscribe your child to a SMASH Maths program, you need to provide your first and last name, your child’s first name, your email address, your chosen password and your credit/debit card details. Start here:
SMASH Maths Practice
2. You will receive an email invoice very soon after your purchase.
3. You will then receive a second email within 24 hours with log-in details to the SMASH Maths parent dashboard.
4. Your first SMASH Maths practice will be available on your dashboard when you log in.
5. Your child simply has to click on the link to the dashboard and put in the password. The SMASH Maths Practice will then be available to start.
What subscription plan should I choose?
We have three core packages:
Keep on Track
Prepare for 7+ and 11+
You need to choose the package most relevant to your child’s needs. Please see how the following situations apply to your child and choose a plan accordingly.
My child is in a state school and I want to help them prepare for Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 national SATs that take place in Year 2 and Year 6. What plan should I choose?
Keep on Track programme will support them with mastering their current year group content and prepare for SATs.
If they are falling behind and they need extra help, then we would strongly recommend our
Catch Up programme. This will help your child master their current year group standards but also secure learning from the previous year group, to help them catch up and be confident with all areas of the curriculum.
If your child is a confident mathematician and you are keen to help them excel further then you are welcome to subscribe to our
Prepare for 7+ and 11+ Exams package even if your child will not be sitting the grammar or independent school entrance exams. The additional practice and accelerated learning will put them in good stead!
My child is in a state school and I want to help them prepare for Grammar and Independent school exams. What plan should I choose?
You need to select
Prepare for 7+ and 11+ Exams. This will provide your child with two SMASH Maths Practices per week for your child to master their current year group standards and prepare for Grammar or Independent school exams. Selecting this plan will also ensure that your child is prepared for key stage 1 or 2 national SATs they will have to take in Year 2 or Year 6.
My child is in an Independent school. What plan should I choose?
We would recommend that you select
Prepare for 7+ and 11+ Exams. This will provide your child with two SMASH Maths Practices per week for your child to master their current year group standards and prepare for Grammar or Independent school exams.
I do not know how capable my child is at maths. How do I choose the right plan?
We would recommend trying our
free sample practice with your child for their current year group.
If you child finds this too challenging, then we would recommend our
Catch Up programme.
If your child finds the practice comfortable then you either choose our
Keep on Track programme to support them with mastering their current year group content or
Prepare for 7+ and 11+ Exam programme if you are keen to help them excel.
For pupils currently in Independent schools or those preparing for entrance exams to grammar / independent schools, we strongly recommend our
Prepare for 7+ and 11+ Exam programme which starts from Year 1.
How do I change my plan?
Easy, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do it for you.
Our plans have different pricing, so we will confirm all changes with you first before proceeding.
What is the Spiral Curriculum?
At SMASH Maths, our philosophy is to expose children to questions covering all topic areas of the curriculum every week. This helps improve learning retention considerably. It is a strategy that we have trialled and tested, and we know gets great results.
Every SMASH Maths practice includes questions on ALL six areas of the UK curriculum each week:
1. Number and Place Value
3. Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Every SMASH Maths practice is bespoke and carefully designed by leading maths experts to ensure excellent coverage of sub strands within each of the six areas of the curriculum using spaced repetition. Find out more here:
SMASH Maths Spiral Curriculum
What do you mean by spaced repetition?
Every SMASH Maths practice is bespoke and carefully designed by leading maths experts to ensure excellent coverage of sub strands within each of the six areas of the curriculum using spaced repetition. This means we continually revisit learning on a weekly “spaced” basis that children are expected to know for their age, while introducing more current topics that children will have recently learnt at school.
Is SMASH Maths aligned to the UK national curriculum?
Yes, absolutely! Every SMASH Maths practice is aligned to the UK national curriculum and carefully designed by leading maths experts –
Sarah-Anne Fernandes and Trevor Dixon. Together they have a wealth of experience of writing pupil study guides, teacher handbooks and assessments for a number of renowned education publishers such as Collins, Hodder, Schofield and Simms, Rising Stars, NfER, Oxford and Cambridge RSA.
How do I monitor my child's progress?
Once you get your login, you can access the
Here you can see exactly how well your children has performed but also identify any gaps in their learning for every SMASH Practice they complete. Rest assured, however, that the SMASH Maths practices is designed to fill those gaps in any case, given that we have a directed program that covers all topics via our Spiral Curriculum.
How can I cancel my plan?
You can cancel your plan at any time. Simply email us at
Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately, due to the digital nature of the product and the fact that we offer cancellation at any time, we do not offer refunds.
Please reach out to us and let us know how we can be better: